Frequently Asked Questions
Life coaching is a tool for people wanting to maximise their personal and professional potential in all areas of life. Life coaching includes several coaching principles; eg. teamwork, striving for personal mastery, taking action and moving forward, achieving goals and learning the art of positive thinking, to name a few.
You learn the philosophy of win/win.
A coach challenges you, inspires you and helps you to ignite your inner fire, your inner passion, your inner spark. A coach will help you to discover, your winning formula and what winning means to you. A coach is your partner, guiding you to live the life you know you can accomplish, personally, professionally and in all areas of life.
A coach is someone to hold you accountable for your life, to ensure you really do live up to your infinite potential.
Coaching is about unlocking human potential to maximise a person’s own performance. It is about guiding people to learn rather than teaching them.
A life coach guides you to make improvements in your life and guides you to achieve your goals in all areas of life. They act as a mentor, supporter, motivator, encourager, friend and as someone who can provide you with practical ideas, knowledge and experience on how to make the changes and improvements you desire. Consider your experience with a life coach much like that of a tour guide, a tour guide to yourlife, they will guide you to be the best version of you for each and every day.
Life coaching is an investment in yourself and your future, it will benefit your entire life. More and more people turn to life coaching as they know there is a lot more to discover and a great deal more to achieve out of their life.
- Clarity about what you want, why you want it and how you can get it.
- Bridging the gap between where you are now and where you want to be.
- Strategies and techniques which facilitates you to reach your goal faster.
- Overcome obstacles, low confidence and insecurities.
- Explore and evaluate all possible options available.
- Dedicated time, support, encouragement and motivation.
There are many benefits of Life Coaching you can expect!
Engaging a life coach is a life-changing experience that can help you can develop your TRUE potential in reaching your goals in all areas of your life, including personal and professional goals.
Below you will find a list of areas our Life Coaches have addressed and provide clients with GUIDANCE:
- Improving your health and physical fitness
- Help with losing weight and diet
- Building self-confidence and self-esteem
- Building stronger communication skills
- Men/Women’s lifestyle issues
- Learning relaxation techniques
- Overcoming eating disorders
- Coming to terms with gender issues
- Transitions in Life
- Reducing your stress level
- Goal setting
- Setting setting personal and professional goals
- Improving Quality of Life
- Finding balance between work and home life
- Achieving better relationship skills ( family, marriage & couples )
- Becoming a better parent
- Retirement Issues
- Getting out of debt
- Coping with Divorce
- Advancement in your career
- Career Path Assessment
- Building leadership skills
- Bringing coaching aspects into the workplace
- Creating a more productive work environment
- Becoming a more effective speaker
- Developing time management skills
- Increased sales and profit margins for business
- Guidance in setting up a new business as an Entrepreneur
- Learning effective management skills as an Executive
- Coping with loss of a employment or downsizing in the workplace
- Setting financial goals to achieve wealth
Life coaching is not limited to this list, if your unsure if a Life Coach is right for you, contact us today for a free no obligation consultation to see if we are the right fit to work together on your life moving forward.
I request that clients make a minimum of three months commitment to the coaching to give it a full chance to demonstrate its effectiveness and the impact it can have on your life. This is not a financial commitment but a psychological one. Therefore, the coaching might last only three months or it may continue on for six, nine, twelve months or more. We will design a program that meets your needs and future direction, we consistently assess your progress and make the decision together to enter maintenance coaching, at all times the decisions are yours and you will know when it is time to end.
We usually meet fortnightly, for 1.5 – 2hrs each session, this is determined during the initial discovery session.
Contact us to schedule a no obligation consultation to discover what’s happening in your life and the reasons for why your considering a life coach. This initial discovery session, allows us to structure the coaching process moving forward and forms the foundation of our work to follow. Then we can decide what kind of schedule would work best for you.
Usually coaching is done over skype or phone, we do see clients face to face in our south Melbourne office. Skype/phone coaching works really well for several reasons:
- The geographical location of the client and the coach doesn't matter...
- Allowing the most beneficial match possible to be the top consideration;
- people tend to be a more honest and open with the sense of anonymity on skype/phone;
- you don’t need to find any extra time in your day to attend sessions, so there is a time and money saving!
The coach and client usually talk fortnightly, twice a month. In the coaching calls you talk about what has gone well and what hasn't, if you accomplished your specific goals for that week, and what the next steps are.
Throughout this process, the coach is applying tools and resources which allow for the greatest impact and personal transformation to achieving your outcome. The coach asks powerful questions that guide you to access your best information, talents, emotions and self. The coach also provides support, objectivity, structure, energy, positivity, and insights.
Between calls, you will have action steps to take in your own time, and/or exercises to complete that guide you to learn more about yourself. You can talk to your coach on email as much as you want, you will also have text messaging access to your coach to ensure you are staying on target.
Coaching is a partnership, where you work together intensely and powerfully to achieve your life goals!
To get the best from your Life Coaching, you need have an open and positive attitude towards the achievement of your goals. You need to be totally open, trusting and honest within the coaching relationship.
You need to have the time and commitment to complete the actions steps that are set for you at the end of each session, your coach is 100% committed to your results and completes the same action steps. These actions are what will move you closer to your overall personal transformation/goal. Ultimately your level of commitment will directly influence the speed and extent to which your goals will be realised.
To help you with all of this, your coach provides boundless motivation, support and encouragement within a confidential and non-judgemental environment, remember you have email and text messaging access at all times.
From our experience every type of individual will come to us for coaching. The only traits these people have in common is the significant desire to change or totally transform a part of their life so they are happier, healthier and achieve greater levels of success, and the realisation that they will stay focussed and get there quicker with the support of a coach.
Coaching and counselling are similar in the sense that both coaches and counsellors ask the client questions, these questions may challenge the clients current model of their world, and requires a lot of soul-searching. Neither a counsellor nor a coach will give advice but they will listen to what you say and direct the conversation with further relevant questions.
However, whereas the typical counselling session will be dealing with emotions and issues in the past affecting the present, the coaching relationship is focussed on the future and deals with optimising the opportunities in your life for you to ultimately achieve greater levels of success/happiness in all areas of your life.